Publish your book with IPA/Routledge
The IPA Publications Committee is always interested in receiving proposals with ideas for new publications to add to the IPA's prestigious book series. The Committee is specifically seeking book proposals on clinical and theoretical psychoanalysis and would like to encourage single authored proposals. Members and candidates who have not published with the IPA are strongly encouraged to apply. All proposals undergo peer review by the IPA and Routledge Editors. Exceptional support and guidance is provided to you from contract to publication and beyond.
Your book will become part of an outstanding list that includes books by many of the greatest contemporary thinkers and scholars.
Click here to see a complete series of IPA publications.
- Proposals are welcome from both members and candidates of the IPA.
- Any completed papers or proposed contributions may also be sent.
- The IPA does not publish papers or series lectures from conferences, symposiums etc.
- The IPA is willing to review PhD theses proposals as long they are presented in a book format
- Author bibliography
To send your proposal or for more information please contact: Rhoda Bawdekar, Publishing Manager [email protected]orld
- A clear introduction of the book is required which illustrates the content and meaningfulness of the book to a psychoanalytical readership.
- TWO chapters are required that are specific of the book.
- Statement of aims: what are you doing differently, in a more innovative way, or simply, better than existing books?
- Proposals must be sent in ENGLISH - the IPA does not cover the costs of translations.
- Note that all editing and marketing costs are covered by the IPA and as such book royalties are paid to the IPA only.
Please CLICK HERE to download the proposal form.
Deadline for Proposals: 31 DECEMBER 2023